Despite several advancements over the years to preserve natural teeth for longer than before, 120 million Americans are missing at least one tooth. If you have found yourself among those who have an incomplete smile, your quality of life, oral health, and confidence have suffered due to the empty space. To restore your smile, you can now benefit from the next best thing to your natural tooth. With dental implants in North Central San Antonio, you can make a long-term investment by treating your tooth loss.
Why Do I Need to Replace My Tooth?
When you lose a tooth, you may be tempted to leave it untreated; however, this is never the best solution. Every tooth in your mouth plays an important role in your oral health and functions. When even one is missing, you will lose your ability to speak clearly and chew many foods, which can lead to nutritional deficiencies. Not to mention, your jawbone will begin to lose density. Over time, this can lead to an increased risk of tooth decay, gum disease, and additional tooth loss.
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are the best solution to replace missing teeth because they closely look and function like natural teeth. A biocompatible implant post is surgically placed into your jawbone to act as a new tooth root. This stimulates new bone growth to preserve your bone density while creating a secure foundation for your replacement tooth. An abutment is attached to the post to connect a custom-made dental crown to replace with missing tooth.
What are the Benefits of Dental Implants?
Dental implants have quickly become the most successful solution to treat tooth loss, which is why more than 500,000 people choose them every year. They offer a wide range of benefits, including:
- High Success Rate: Dental implants have over a 95% 10-year success rate.
- Long-Term Investment: Although they cost more upfront, they are more cost-effective long-term because they have the potential to last for a lifetime.
- Stops Bone Loss: The implant post acts as a tooth root to stimulate the jawbone; thus, encouraging new bone growth to preserve its density.
- Looks and Feels Natural: When the implant post is combined with an all-ceramic crown, it will look and feel like a natural tooth. You will enjoy an increased biting force of over 70% when compared to traditional dentures.
- Improved Oral Health: Dental implants will stop your natural teeth from shifting out of alignment to help prevent gum disease, tooth decay, and additional tooth loss.
- Treat Multiple Teeth: No matter if you are missing one tooth, several teeth, or all of them, dental implants can help.
Complete Your Smile Today!
Stop living with the challenges of tooth loss. Contact your dentist in North Central San Antonio today to see if dental implants are right for you.
About Legacy Dental SA
For more than 35 years, Legacy Dental SA has provided advanced dental care to the community. We offer many areas of specialty, including dental implants. We will help you regain a complete smile. Contact our office today to schedule your consultation.