Repair Teeth in Record Time with CEREC One-Visit Restorations
Traditionally, having a brand-new dental crown or other restoration custom-made requires two appointments at least, as well as plenty of tedious waiting on the patient’s part. When you’re struggling with a damaged or pained tooth, that span of time can feel like an eternity – you deserve fast relief! That’s why our team has chosen to invest in state-of-the-art CEREC technology here in San Antonio. This system compresses every step of the restorative process into a single, convenient appointment without sacrificing any of the quality patients need. You can walk in with a serious dental problem and walk out with a permanent solution – it’s really that easy. Contact Legacy Dental SA in the Castle Hills Forest neighborhood today and schedule your first appointment with Dr. Eck or Dr. Sage.
How Does CEREC Work?
- After we’ve prepared the tooth or teeth that need treatment, one of our doctors will create a digital, three-dimensional impression of the area that is then uploaded to the CEREC design unit. Our team will use state-of-the-art CAD/CAM software to design the new restoration.
- The final design is sent to a milling unit inside the office that creates the restoration from a block of high-quality ceramic.
- After the restoration is finished, the doctor will polish it and make last minute adjustments to ensure that everyone is satisfied with the finished result.
- The restoration is cemented in place within the patient’s mouth for them to enjoy. You’re finished!
Why is CEREC a Good Choice?
- Your CEREC crown or other restoration is crafted from high-quality ceramic, which is free of metals, beautifully lifelike, and 100% biocompatible. They’re also better for oral health, as they bond directly to the natural tooth and allow us to preserve more of its remaining structure.
- There’s no need to stuff your mouth full with goopy impression materials any longer. The entire impression process is handled with our digital technology for added speed and patient comfort.
- The patient won’t have to wear an uncomfortable temporary restoration in the interim between appointments. Instead, you get to go from hurting/damaged tooth to permanent restoration right away.